Banana, Berry and Tahini Oat Bars
You will need:
--200g (7oz) oats
--120g (4oz) wholemeal flour
--1 teaspoon baking powder
--30g (1 1/4oz) ground almonds
--1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
--60g (2 1/2oz) coconut oil
--60g (2 1/2oz) tahini
--60ml (2 1/2 fl oz) maple syrup
--2 bananas, mashed
--1 egg, beaten
--200g (7oz) frozen berries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Place the oats, the flour, the baking powder, the ground almonds and the cinnamon in a large bowl and mix together.
- Put the coconut oil, the tahini and the maple syrup into a small pot and melt together over a medium heat, stir to combine and add to the oats along with the mashed bananas and the egg.
- Mix all the ingredients together well. Line a square oven tray, about 18cm by 18cm with baking paper, spoon in roughly two-thirds of the mix and smooth down then sprinkle over the frozen berries and sprinkle over the remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for about 35 minutes until golden on top, allow to cool in the tray before cutting into 12 squares.